President and Managing Director
Rada Research & Public Relations Co.
World President IPRA – 2006
Mrs. Zaklama is a public relations and marketing expert with 50 years experience in communication.
Her special expertise lies, in designing marketing and communication strategies, for Egyptian companies, and multinationals in Egypt, such as IBM, Chrysler, Procter & Gamble, Cadbury, Avon, Orange, La Farge, TAQA, Visa card and Accor Hotels.
She is a communication consultant and strategic planner to various government entities, mainly in:
- GAFI (General Authority for Investment and Free Zones) for the Egypt Investment Promotion campaign presently being implemented in 10 countries (Europe, M.E. and Asia
- The Ministry of Tourism
- Ministry of International Cooperation
- The Ministry of Communication and Information Technology
- The Great Museum
Mrs. Zaklama held several international and local positions, among which are:
- Elected President of Africa Public Relations Associations covering North Africa for 2014.
- Elected World President for International Public Relations Associations (IPRA) for 2006.
- Board member of Gallup International for 2002-2006.
- Board member of the American Chamber of Commerce Egypt for 2002-2006.
- Board member of Barclay Egypt Bank for 2006-2010.
- Board member of the Egypt International Economic Forum for 2009-2012.
- Board member of the Canada Egypt Business Council for 2011-2014.
- Board member of the British Egyptian Business Association for 2011-2014.
All of the above have earned her many titles, merits and awards including:
- President El Sisi honored Mrs. Hoda Halim Abou Seif , known as Loula Zaklama, as one of the honorable women role models of Egypt in March 2019.
- Selected as one of the 50 most influential women in the Egyptian economy in 2015, by Amwal Al Ghad Magazine.
- Selected as one of the 200 Arab Leading Businesswomen in the Middle East
October 2014, by Forbes Middle East.
- Received the “International Advertising Association Champions Award” for her commitment to advertising industry issues and dedication to the growth and development of the Association in October 2013.
- Recipient of the Atlas Award International Life time Achievement October 2007, presented by the Public Relations Society of America.
- Selected as one of the 50 Arab Leading Businesswomen in the Middle East 2006, by Forbes Middle East.
- Received the AmCham “Special Achievement Award” in 2004.
- Selected as one of the 50 Leading Women Entrepreneurs of the World by the Star Group, sponsored by IBM and Fortune Magazine, in May, 1998.
- Received the Samir Fares Award at the International Advertising Association Congress held in Cairo, May 1998, for outstanding contributions to I.A.A.
- Received the Medal of Merit, International Advertising Association, Chicago, 1986.
In 1982 she founded Rada Research & Public Relations Company and is currently its President and Managing Director. The company is the only one in Egypt specializing in three disciplines: Marketing Research, Public Relations, and Training.
Mrs. Zaklama graduated from the American University Cairo with a BA in Mass Communication. She continued her studies in advanced marketing research in Burke Institute, in Cincinnati, USA.